Thai foot reflexology massage
Reflexology is much more than a foot massage. It is a natural healing therapy which is highly effective in dealing with many health complaints. Foot reflexology is based on the principle that the foot is like a chart of the body: divided into ten reflex zones, it is a mirror image of the body.
Thai foot reflexology is a marriage between the ancient healing arts of Reflexology, Chinese Tuina, Japanese Shiatsu and Indian Ayurvedi yoga. Working with the feet, lower leg and knees, this 2000-year-old, highly reputed session frees up blocked energy within the body's many “sens” lines (Thai-based meridians) to produce a deep and unique feeling of balance, relaxation and well-being. Specific manipulation and pressure of reflex points reduces and eliminates blockages in the corresponding glands or organs, and therefore restores a healthy balance.
Thai foot reflexology can be beneficial in the following ways:
- Stimulates the organs of the body
- Stimulates the nervous system of the body
- Stimulates the blood and lymphatic systems in the body
- Relives tired feet
- Alleviates aches and pains
- Provides better sleep
- Can help relieve many illness, headache, migraine, etc.
- Aids in digestive problems
- Helps to promote deeper relaxation and release stress
- Improves circulation
- Increases energy
- Improves concentration and clarity of mind
The massage is NOT recommended if the following exist: severe heart or serious health problems, pregnancy, menstruation, high fever, contagious disease or sores, broken foot or leg bones.